English | 2021 | ISBN: 0367554143 | 143 pages | True PDF | 33.96 MB
High electron mobility transistor (HEMT) has better performance potential than the conventional MOSFETs. Further, InAs is a perfect candidate for the HEMT device architecture owing to its peak electron mobility.Advanced Indium Arsenide-based HEMT Architectures for Terahertz Applicationscharacterizes the HEMT based on InAs III-V material to achieve outstanding current and frequency performance. This book explains different types of device architectures available to enhance performance including InAs-based single gate (SG) HEMT and double gate (DG) HEMT. The noise analysis of InAs-based SG and DG-HEMT is also discussed. The main goal of this book is to characterize the InAs device to achieve terahertz frequency regime with proper device parameters.
- Explains the influence of InAs material in the performance of HEMTs and MOS-HEMTs.
- Covers novel indium arsenide architectures for achieving terahertz frequencies
- Discusses impact of device parameters on frequency response
- Illustrates noise characterization of optimized indium arsenide HEMTs
- Introduces terahertz electronics including sources for terahertz applications.
This book is of special interest to researchers and graduate students in Electronics Engineering, High Electron Mobility Transistors, Semi-conductors, Communications, and Nanodevices.