English | 2021 | ISBN: 0367673479 | 263 pages | True PDF | 18.49 MB
The importance of electric arc furnace steelmaking is evident from the escalated world production seen in steel industry. This book presents systematic and complete details on the current state of knowledge about metallurgical processes carried out in the electric arc furnace. It includes principles of construction of electric arc furnaces, applied construction solutions, and their operations (together with auxiliary/supportive devices). Modern technologies of melting of various grades steel are detailed, considering the participation of secondary metallurgy including theoretical backgrounds of chemical processes and reactions. It contains theoretical analysis and results of laboratory, model, and industrial tests.
- Covers the practical aspects of electric arc furnace steelmaking including technological process.
- Discusses the operation issues of an electric arc furnace in a technical and technological context.
- Presents a systematic and complete knowledge about relevant construction solutions and metallurgical processes.
- Includes practical industrial benchmark indicators in the scope of equipment and technology.
- Analyses practical case studies from industry.
This book aims at researchers, professionals and graduate students in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science, Electric Power Supply, Environmental Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.