English | 2021 | ISBN: 1138295906 | 201 pages | True PDF | 12.94 MB
Spanish Vocabulary Learning in Meaning-Oriented Instructionis the first comprehensive overview of current research and instructional practices into Spanish vocabulary acquisition through the lens of Meaning-Oriented Instruction (MOI).
* a breadth of topics including language variation, input, tasks and processing specificity, incidental learning, idiomatic language, lexicographic perspectives, lexicosemantic representation, vocabulary testing, and receptive and productive vocabulary;
* a combination of theory and practical guidance highlighting pedagogical best practices in the teaching of vocabulary;
* guidance on the difficulties teachers face when teaching vocabulary in the classroom;
* clear explanations with plenty of examples and useful references;
* tasks and activities that help teachers move from a traditional curricular approach to a more innovative and engaging one focused on communicating, completing tasks, and learning content.
Written by an international cohort of scholars in a succinct and accessible manner,Spanish Vocabulary Learning in Meaning-Oriented Instructionis an essential resource for teachers of Spanish at all levels. It is also an excellent reference book for researchers and both undergraduate and graduate students interested in Spanish vocabulary acquisition.